Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ameland




On 13 Feb., 70 international students from Leiden Uni. took the party to the Dutch island of Ameland.  

Simple meals of sandwiches, cheese, yogurt, and beer comprised the bulk of our holiday diet; the distribution of the food groups was not equal.

Saturday 14 Feb. was the best day of my semester in Leiden.  After a leisurely breakfast of nutella and peanut-butter sandwiches, milk, and bananas, some of my friends and I formed a boerengolf (famers' golf) team.  The trophy ceremony bestowed first place honors on myself, Nick, Sam, Henry and Coley.

I enjoyed perhaps the most beautiful bike ride of my life that afternoon.  Clear skies, a bright sun, and easy pedaling footed the bill as I pushed myself along a bike path paralleling the ocean. 

Even after three hours on the bike we all managed to dance away the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment