Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pickled People Parts

20 February: Emily, Anna, and I went to Amsterdam for some fun.  We took the tube to the outskirts of Amsterdam and visited the Museum Vrolik at the University of Amsterdam's medical center.  Emily, an Art History grad student, had read about the museum in a bio-art book--that should have been my first clue...

The Museum Vrolik is a one room exhibit of deformed humans, human parts, and bones in jars.  I did take some photos, but after Anna got instructed that photography in the museum was prohibited, I snuck my Canon into my pocket.  There is a reason this post does not have a photo attached.  If you are truly curious, well, you are already on the internet.

The day certainly started with a strange tone, but it ended with a beautiful one: Emiliana Torrini serenaded Emily, Anna, Henry, Elfa, and me with her sparkling voice.  It was my first concert trip to Paradiso, but it will not be my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment