Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Swift Currents

Hello all.

I thought it would be fun to start a blog to keep everyone updated on my travels and tomfoolery.  

Mornings find me at 33 Herengracht in Leiden, the Netherlands.  Outside my window is a canal that attracts birds, trash, and charm.  Boats sink in the canal sometimes; their ropes struggle to resuscitate them to buoyancy.  

Life is simpler on a bicycle.

At Leiden Uni. I am studying course law of the European Union, realism in post-civil war American literature, and the logical positivism of mid-20th century analytic philosophy (Vienna Circle, Kuhn, Popper, and Feyerabend).  I occasionally drink Dutch beer.

I have five housemates, one from each of the following countries: Ireland, Scotland, Belgium, Germany, and China.  

More later.  I have to go slow down.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome cuz! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures. If you want some cool stuff to do/see let me know...I've been there a few time...btw, you better hit Omaha Beach. Can't miss. -J.

    ReplyDelete